ssat.vn – GRE is a test to appreciate the ability of student for these program at university because of the level at university is higher than GRE so it requires too many skills, so how to calculate GRE score?
GRE is a certificate for student plans to learn after graduated with different level general (GRE General) or specialized (GRE Subject), so what is the difference between two tests?
- GRE General is a test to appreciate a candidate’s ability who applied to upgrade to learn the program after graduating, it will be done on the computer. GRE General includes 3 parts: Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing. These parts of this test are not based on any topic just used the result to appreciate.
- GRE Subject is a test for candidates who applied to learn a specialized major after graduated. GRE Subject includes 8 fields: Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Maths, Physics, and Psychology. The test will be done on paper so students have to improve for themselves more knowledge and information will have more advantage than the others.
For more: How to improve GRE score?
GRE score bases on 3 parts:
- Verbal: Score will be counted from 130 to 170. The average score from 150 to 152.
- Quantitative: Score will be counted from 130 – 170. The average score from 150 to 152.
- Analytical Writing: Score will be counted from 0 – 6. The average score from 3,5.
Based on the requirement of every school, we will have the difference score of GRE requires the candidate have to satisfy so GRE will not have “passed” or “fell” score.
GRE practicing methods
As you know about the difference between GRE General and GRE Subject above, so what are the methods for practicing to get a good result? There are some methods below:
- Plan for yourself a target of score: Synthetic a list of subjects, research on how to calculate GRE score and the requirement of the university.
- Have a sort of schedule: GRE General or GRE Subject have a lot of fields for candidates so sorting your schedule will help you to learn all of them easier.
- Practice test: With every test not only GRE, but you also have to practice more and more to get familiar with the test format and skill to solve the problem.
- Find out a good academy for teaching GRE: If you have a problem with self-study, you can look for yourself a prestigious center to receive their teaching and experiences from the teacher to get a good result and pass this difficult subject.
For more: Find GRE exam preparation class
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE…) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: How to calculate GRE score