ssat.vn – GRE is a standardized test that is used as one of the graduate admission criteria for the sciences and social sciences. The test is quite difficult, so it is very necessary to get GRE exam preparation.
- How to register for GRE test in Vietnam?
- Take GRE test on computer
- How long should you be preparing for the GMAT test
GRE certification classification
GRE has 2 different exams: GRE I (GRE General Test) and GRE II (GRE Subject Test).
GRE I is a general test taken on a computer with 3 parts: Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Analytical Writing. GRE I does not focus on a specific field but gathers important skills to assess whether students are capable of deep-learning in graduate majors, especially Verbal Reasoning requires candidates must have a very large academic vocabulary, about 5,000 words.
GRE II is a specialized paper-based test in six specific areas: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature and Psychology. GRE II is usually not required, candidates use this test to prove their ability with the major of pursuit and is only required by leading competitive universities.
For more: GRE exam preparation process
For GRE I:
|Section||Number of questions||Type of questions||Duration|
|Analytical Writing||02 essays||• Analysis of an Issue
• Analysis of an Argument
|• Text Completion
• Sentence Equivalence
• Reading Comprehension
|• Numeric Entry
• Quantitative Comparison
• Data Interpretation Sets
|Unidentified||20 sentences (no score)||Random Questions||30 minutes|
For GRE II:
The test in all GRE II subjects: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature, Psychology is in the form of multiple-choice questions with the same number of questions but each takes the same time as 2 hours 50 minutes.
For GRE I:
Verbal and Quantitative have a scale of 130 to 170 for each section. The total score of the GRE I test will range from 260 to 340. Analytical Writing is individually graded on a scale of 1 to 6. Unidentified will not be scored but the questions in this section will appear randomly while taking tests in different areas. In the other part, the candidate cannot know which questions belong to this section.
For GRE II:
Every correct answer on the GRE II will be counted as a point (original score), no points will be deducted for incorrect or blank answers. The original score will be converted into an official score on a scale of 200 to 990.
For more: How to improve GRE score?
Because of the graduate exam in Math and Language (with GRE I) or specific specialized knowledge in English (with GRE II), GRE exam preparation is not easy but requires a review process long-term and serious practice. For the Verbal in GRE I, candidates must master a large number of specialized vocabulary in different fields to be able to do well in this section.
- Set specific score goals depending on school requirements.
- Plan detailed problem solving from each section to the full test.
- Learn GRE vocabulary every day to improve your score.
- Less expensive because you only need to buy books and print self-study materials at home.
- It is very difficult to get good grades without the guidance of test-taking skills from people with GRE exam preparation experience because this is a post-standard assessment test.
Exam preparation with tutors
- Instructing on how to learn GRE vocabulary step by step in a scientific way and easy to remember.
- Instructing skills to solve quick quantitative exercises in the Math section.
- Instructing how to analyze, plan, and write your essay according to the GRE structure.
- High cost due to the characteristics of GRE certificates needs highly qualified tutors, knowledge of the test, and methods of test skills.
For more: Self-learning GRE experience
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: GRE exam preparation