ssat.vn – If you are planning to study for a master’s degree in Business Administration in the US or English-speaking countries, GMAT is one of the essential requirements for your application. So do you know how to take the test and how to calculate GMAT scores?
GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test. This is a certificate that has a great influence on those who intend to study to master the Master of Business Administration (also known as MBA – Master of Business Administration). Master of Finance or Master of Accounting also applies for admission with GMAT. In general, GMAT certificate is one of the most important entry requirements of economic schools.
The results of the GMAT test are valid worldwide. Currently, there are about 1,800 graduate business and management programs that use the GMAT score, which is also one of the important admission criteria. This certificate gives you many advantages when you apply for jobs in reputable foreign businesses.
To receive this certificate, you will have to go through a computer-based exam using English. The GMAT will do a comprehensive test of your Quantitative, Verbal, Analytical Writing, and Integrated Reasoning capabilities.
In general, the GMAT certificate is not very difficult to conquer after you know the test structure and how to calculate GMAT score?
For more: The difference between GMAT and GRE
GMAT exam measures the verbal, mathematical, analytical writing, and integrated reasoning skills that are most relevant for graduate business education.
- The integrated Reasoning section requires you to interpret and analyze information from different sources and in a variety of formats to solve complex reasoning tasks.
- The verbal Reasoning section measures your ability to understand and evaluate what you read, as well as your ability to recognize basic conventions of standard written English.
- The quantitative Reasoning section tests your ability to analyze data and draw conclusions using reasoning skills.
- Analytical Writing Assessment section measures your ability to think critically and communicate complex ideas in writing.
For more: GMAT exam preparation online center
The understanding exam structure is the first step to doing when planning the GMAT test process. The GMAT test consists of 4 sections in order and time as follows:
- Analytical Writing: Write an analytical essay and give a point of view on a business problem in 30 minutes. The scale ranges from 0-6.
- Integrated Reasoning: Including 12 questions to evaluate reasoning ability with 4 types of questions: Multi-source Reasoning, Two-part Analysis, Table Analysis, Graphics Interpretation in 30 minutes. The scale ranges from 1-8.
- Quantitative: The knowledge in this section is mainly level 2-3 math, which makes it difficult for candidates because they often do not give specific numbers, but they have to quantify based on the Math formula and find out the answer, designed with 31 questions in 62 minutes. The scale ranges from 0-60.
- Verbal: Including 36 questions related to Sentence Correction, Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning are tested within 65 minutes. The scale ranges from 0-60.
The total score for the test will be 800, mainly based on the results of the Quantitative and Verbal exams, but the other 2 sections you should also not miss.
For more: Where to take GMAT exam?
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE…) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: How to calculate GMAT score