ssat.vn – ACT is one of the tests that can help students get scholarships to some prestigious universities in the US, but how to manage time on the ACT test test and get the desired point.
- What’s ACT exam?
- ACT exam and things to know
- Signs to identify a high-quality Math in English after-school tutoring center
Structure of ACT certificate
ACT (American College Testing) is not just a common knowledge test but also a test of proficiency and analytical ability of candidates to prepare for university programs.
The ACT test consists of four multiple-choice sections: Verbal, Math, Reading, and Science. Candidates will be able to complete the test within 2 hours 55 minutes, in addition, the Free Writing test will be done within 40 minutes. Although Writing is an optional part of the test, in fact, there are many schools that require this essay, so please carefully research the requirements of the school you want to study.
- ACT Verbal: 40 questions about analytical and 35 questions about rhetorical in 45 minutes.
- ACT Math: 60 questions about this topic: Pre-Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Plane Geometry và Trigonometry in 45 minutes.
- ACT Reading: 40 questions about this topic: Social Studies, Natural Sciences, Literary Narrative hoặc Prose Fiction và Humanities in 35 minutes.
- ACT Science: 40 questions about this topic: Data Representation, Research Summary, Conflicting Viewpoint in 35 minutes.
- ACT Writing: in this part students will write an essay (student can choose or not), use their idea and reasoning to answer a problem in 40 minutes. Although this is not a required part, students have to do this part to have enough conditions to apply to some universities that have high requirements.
For more: Should you study IB Math AA or IB Math AI?
“How to manage time on the ACT test” each student has strengths and core skills that directly affect the time it takes to solve the questions. ACT test time is 02 hours 55 minutes. There are 4 parts of the test with a 10-minute break after the second part so it requires you to determine the optimal time to do the test, and have the following tips:
- When you get it wrong, ask yourself what caused your answer and focus on studying and noticing your weaknesses and also how to manage your time and learn from the next mock test.
- Answer all questions immediately: answer every question even if you have to guess, solve all questions first, then fill all answers in the answer box at once this will save you a lot of time because no points are deducted for incorrect answers and no answers on the test.
For more: ACT exam preparation
- Allocate your time properly: you have about 48-60 seconds to do each question on the ACT. If you answer a question in the shorter amount of time above, you will have more time for the more difficult question in the test. Through taking the mock test regularly, you will get used to how to do the test and easily practice well and watch the time to do the same as the real exam, you will limit the fear of running out of time but still, there are still many unfinished questions, if you don’t make it in time for the mock exam, you know you need to speed up. If you finish before time runs out, there’s still time but you make a lot of careless mistakes, you know you can do it at a more comfortable pace but need to be more careful with the official test.
- Divide time for each section: for Writing, you should allocate time for: outline, write, and edit essays. If you haven’t clearly divided your time and copied your draft into the test you may not have enough time to write a complete draft so take a few minutes to plan and start writing to be complete.
- Practice your sense of time: it’s a good idea to take a self-timed test and then check your watch from time to time to make sure you’re still on time, and you should take the last few minutes to double-check your answers.
For more: Science in English
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE…) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: act exam