Ssat.vn – There’s a lot to know about the ACT before you start studying. What is the ACT like? How are ACT scores calculated? All of these questions will be answered through 10 frequently asked questions about ACT scores.
Question 1: What does the ACT test include?
The ACT is divided into four parts: English, Math, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing section.
- The ACT English section includes five passages accompanied by a sequence of multiple-choice questions. This section covers written English (punctuation, grammar and usage, and sentence structure) and rhetorical skills (strategy, organization, and style). Spelling, vocabulary, and memory of rules of grammar are NOT tested.
- The ACT Math section covers pre-algebra, elementary algebra, intermediate algebra, coordinate geometry, plane geometry, and trigonometry.
- The ACT Reading section includes four passages with 10 multiple-choice questions each. This section tests your reading comprehension skills.
- The ACT Science section includes seven sets of scientific data followed by multiple-choice questions. This section tests your interpretation, analysis, evaluation, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- The optional ACT Writing section includes one prompt that defines an issue and describes two points of view based on that issue. You can write on one of the positions described or take a different point of view on the issue.
Question 2: How are ACT scores calculated?
Total score: 1-36. This score is calculated as the average of English, Mathematics, Reading and Science.
For more: ACT exam preparation for beginners
Question 3: When is the ACT test held?
The exam is held 07 times per year in February, April, June, July, September, October and December. If your score is not up to your expectations, you can take the test again but you must not pass the exam. more than 12 times total.
Question 4: What is the format of the ACT test?
The test is computer-based worldwide and is either computer- or paper-based in the US, US territories, and Puerto Rico. In areas of the world that do not have test centers, candidates cannot take the test on a computer at home.
Candidates are allowed to move forward and backward during each section of the test, which means that they can skip the question and return to it later, or change and edit their answers if there is time left in that section of the test.
Question 5: How much is the ACT test fee?
The fee for the ACT is $168.50 – excluding the US, US territories, and Puerto Rico, excluding additional fees. The following is a table of exam fees for each case.
|The full ACT (no writing)||$168.50||Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register).|
|The full ACT with writing||$188.50||Includes reports for you, your high school, and up to four colleges (if codes are provided when you register).|
|Test option change||$40.00||The writing test fee is refundable on written request if you are absent on test day or switch to ACT (no writing) before testing begins.|
For more: Why should you study Science in English?
Question 6: How long does the ACT test take?
It takes a total of 2 hours and 55 minutes to complete the four sections of the ACT. If a student is registered for the 30-minute Writing test, the test takes a total of 3 hours and 25 minutes.
Question 7: Where can students register for the ACT test in Vietnam?
Here are some places where Vietnamese students can register for the ACT.
- EMG Education – 19 Vo Van Tan, Ward 6, District 3, City. Ho Chi Minh City
- EMG Education – 10th Floor, TNR Building, 54A Nguyen Chi Thanh, Dong Da District, Hanoi
- Fastlink Language – L28, M02 Range, Area A – Duong Noi New Urban Area, Duong Noi Ward, Ha Dong District, Hanoi
Question 8: When will I be able to track my ACT results?
For early results, students’ scores will be available online approximately 2 weeks after the test date. After 4 – 7 weeks, students can get their grades on paper by visiting the academic counselor’s office at the school. If a student chooses to take the ACT Writing test, their scores will be mailed once the student’s Writing test scores are on file.
Question 9: What is the structure of the ACT test?
|Section||Number of questions||Content||Duration|
|English||75 questions||– 10 Punctuation questions
– 12 Grammar and Usage questions
– 18 Sentence Structure questions
– 12 Strategy questions
– 11 Organization questions
– 12 Style questions
|Mathematics||60 questions||– 14 Pre-algebra questions
– 10 Elementary Algebra questions
– 09 Intermediate Algebra questions
– 09 Coordiate Geometry questions
– 14 Plane Geometry questions
– 04 Trigonometry questions
|Reading||40 questions||– 10 câu Social Studies
– 10 câu Natural Sciences
– 10 câu Literacy Narrative hoặc Prose Fiction
– 10 câu Humanities
|Science||40 questions||– 15 Data Representation questions
– 18 Research Summaries questions
07 Conflicting Viewpoints questions
|Writing (optional)||01 questions||The exam presents 01 problem and 03 different views on the issue, candidates present their views on the issue, thereby analyzing the relationship between their point of view and at least 01 of the 03 points of view given. in the topic||40 minutes|
Question 10: Does skipping or making mistakes have any effect on ACT scores?
Students will not be penalized for incorrect or blank answers on the ACT, so students should always guess the answers if they don’t know which one to choose.
Those are 10 frequently asked questions about ACT scores, hopefully the answers above will answer your questions.
For more: ACT exam fees
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, etc.) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: act scores