ssat.vn – The SSAT is an examination used by admission officers to assess the abilities of students seeking to enroll in an independent school in the US. Students, who may not have heard about the SSAT, will need an effective and detailed SSAT exam preparation for beginners.
What is the SSAT?
SSAT is a standardized test designed to measure students’ comprehension ability in language and Mathematics, as well as reasoning skills in order to adapt in an English-speaking environment at American private high schools. This test is considered as an indispensable tool to help schools be able to justly evaluate the performance of candidates no matter where they come from in the world.
SSAT consists of 3 levels:
- Elementary Level SSAT is the level for students in grades 3 through 4
- Middle-Level SSAT is the level for grades 5 through 7
- The Upper-Level SSAT is the level for grades 8 through 11
So, what are the criteria for an SSAT exam preparation for beginners?
For more: How to improve SSAT score?
Criteria for SSAT exam preparation for beginners:
- Practice mock tests and learn to grade: The first thing all students need to do is to go online and download SSAT past papers from reputable websites and carry them out like in real life with a strict time limit. Afterward, you should re-check the answer and learn how the SSAT is scored so as to self-evaluating your test in the future.
- Determine the official exam day: Having a clear official time for the SSAT will help students have a grasp on the remaining time to form a detailed daily study plan. Don’t pick a test date too close as the SSAT exam preparation needs at least 3 to 6 months to be able to complete depending on your academic performance.
- Determine how much time to study each day: To each competency, your study time will be proportional to your ability. If you are a fast learner then 2-3 hours per day is more than enough. But if you are slow receptive then you need to take it slow by studying 1-2 hours per day and do not try to cram knowledge in a long duration. When arranging a schedule, keep in mind that there should be reasonable time distribution between the sessions with a 10-minute break every 60 minutes.
- Allocating knowledge for exam preparation: If you see that you are somewhat weak on some particular sessions of the SSAT, you need to focus on strengthening and supplementing knowledge of that part over other parts. Poor English vocabulary? Find out and understand the cause and focus on finding ways to solve that problem.
For more: SSAT test experience
During the exam review process, the most important thing is to stick to your schedule. The careful preparation of the SSAT exam preparation for beginners will help students easily achieve the desired results.
For more: SSAT preparing center for high score
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: SSAT exam preparation for beginners