ssat.vn – ACT certificates like any other international education certificate have a curriculum designed 100% in English. Therefore, students who intend to study abroad in the US understand how to learn ACT vocabulary effectively will reduce the pressure and difficulty of these certificates.
- The situation of learning ACT in HCM City
- How to practice ACT effectively at home?
- How many hours to prepare for ACT?
Why is it important to learn the ACT vocabulary?
ACT (American College Testing) is a standardized test used to measure the academic performance of high school students. Considered as one of the prerequisites for admission to universities and colleges in the US. ACT certificate focuses on the assessment of general knowledge learned in high school through objective tests covering four areas: English, Math, Reading, and Science.
ACT program will be studied and rehearsed entirely in English. Therefore, reading and understanding ACT vocabulary is very important in the learning process. Many students have difficulty in learning entirely in English, especially international students whose native language is not English. Therefore, it is very necessary to understand how to learn ACT vocabulary effectively.
In the official ACT exam, there is an English section that focuses on testing language and rhetoric ability. Questions include problems related to punctuation (mainly commas and apostrophes), word modifiers (using ambiguous or misplaced), semicolon, lack of subject matter, and the incorrect association between two full sides of a sentence.
For more: How to improve ACT score?
Guide to know how to learn ACT vocabulary effectively
- Don’t look for strange vocabulary: Unlike the SAT, the ACT mostly uses words that are used every day. Therefore, do not focus on learning sublime, complex, specialized vocabulary with only one semantics.
- Always have to learn other semantics of a word: Vocabulary in English tends to have many different meanings depending on the context. You must understand all of the semantics in all cases to be able to understand the problem requirements and main points in the test.
- Expand the number of English idioms: Idiom is something that always appears on every ACT test because of their difficulty and multiple meanings. An idiom you don’t know can lead to difficulty in your reading comprehension.
- Reading: This is probably the simplest way as well as the one that requires the most time. Reading will greatly expand your vocabulary. In addition, students will also become familiar with new English sentences and structures to apply in the test.
As mentioned above, knowing how to learn ACT vocabulary effectively can determine a student’s ACT test results. Strengthening your vocabulary is a difficult but necessary process, so start practicing as soon as possible so that you can get the results you want.
For more: ACT exam preparation in hurry
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: How to learn ACT vocabulary effectively