ssat.vn – GMAT exam preparation is an indispensable part for all who wish to graduate to the field of Business Administration (MBA) abroad.
- How to score GMAT test (latest version)
- GMAT exam process
- How long should you be preparing for the GMAT test
GMAT is a test of reading comprehension and reasoning for quantitative and linguistic factors, along with the candidate’s ability to write analytical essays related to business. GMAT helps assess the potential of candidates when applying to graduate programs in Business Administration at universities abroad. Usually, candidates who achieve high scores in the GMAT exam are excellent students entering the MBA.
For more: How to improve GMAT score?
|Section||Number of questions||Type of questions||Duration|
|Analytical Writing||01 essay||• Analysis of an Issue
• Analysis of an Argument
|Integrated Reasoning||12 sentences||• Multi-source Reasoning
• Two-part Analysis
• Table Analysis
• Graphics Interpretation
|Quantitative||31 sentences||• Problem Solving
• Data Sufficiency
|Verbal||36 sentences||• Sentence Correction
• Reading Comprehension
• Critical Reasoning
For more: GMAT tips and strategies
In general, the calculation of GMAT scores is quite complicated. The official score of GMAT ranges from 200 to 800 and is converted based on only 2 sections: Verbal and Quantitative. The original scores of these two sections are calculated and generally range from 6 to 51 based on three factors:
- The total number of questions you answered.
- Is your answer correct?
- Difficulty level and other parameters of the question you answered.
Analytical Writing is graded individually and has a scale from 0 to 6. Integrated Reasoning is also scored separately on a scale from 1 to 8. Although it is not used to convert to the official GMAT score, this part of the test with its own meaning, helping schools look at and assess the candidate’s potential for business data analysis.
The GMAT exam structure is used for graduate students in business, so the exam structure focuses on assessing the skills needed for deep learning in this major.
GMAT exam preparation is essential because GMAT assesses quantitative ability in calculating and using business-related languages, so if you are good at calculating and general English, you cannot do well on the GMAT test.
Especially in Analytical Writing, candidates will have to make their analysis and argument on an existing business problem or debate, do not discuss new ideas, so those who prepare for GMAT should be familiar and practice writing and analyzing different topics in your business in order to master and do well on this section of the test.
- Set specific score goals depending on the requirements of the desired school.
- Plan detailed problem solving from each section to the full test.
- Learn vocabulary related to the business administration major.
- Less expensive because you only need to buy books and print self-study materials at home.
- There is no person who can help an essay to analyze an issue or a business argument, because this is a part of the test where without experience the candidate will be very likely to get the wrong analysis, or the wrong topic will cause a loss of points.
Exam preparation with tutors
- Instruct reading comprehension skills and correct reasoning about charts, tables, and multi-source reasoning in Integrated Reasoning.
- Instruct skills to solve quick quantitative exercises in the Math section.
- Guiding how to analyze, outline, and write business issues on the GMAT exam.
- High cost due to the fact that the GMAT certification requires a highly qualified tutor in business administration and understanding of the test.
For more: GMAT preparation in hurry
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: GMAT exam preparation