ssat.vn – If students are oriented to study or want to receive scholarships at private schools in the US, the SSAT certificate is a mandatory standard. For students who do not know how to choose appropriate SSAT Prep books for beginners, refer to this article right away!
SSAT Exam Levels
SSAT is the standardized assessment test managed by Enrollment Management Association (EMA), which is an admission requirement for independent schools for students in grades 3-11 in the US. Previously, if students wanted to apply to US elementary, middle, and high schools, they only needed a TOEFL certificate and a high GPA, but now the admission process has an additional SSAT score to show their academic ability and adaptation to the learning environment in this country. Therefore, SSAT is considered as a “golden door” opening the opportunity to study at US schools for many international students.
Before knowing which SSAT Prep books for beginners are best for you, you should know the information about the SSAT test levels as follows:
- SSAT Elementary Level: For students in grades 3-4
- SSAT Middle Level: For students in grades 5-7
- SSAT Upper Level: For students in grades 8-11
For more: Can I change subjects in the IB program?
For each level, you should choose SSAT prep books that are suitable for your current level, especially for students who are new to the SSAT.
- For all levels:
- McGraw-Hill’s SSAT/ISEE: Secondary School Admission Test, Independent School Entrance Exam: McGraw-Hill’s book includes a content assessment of the ISEE and SSAT, providing test-taking strategies and six practice tests. Practice tests for SSAT include Elementary, Middle, and Upper-level tests, which means students can practice more intensively for the test they will take. Essay writing strategies are also particularly helpful because they explain to students the essay writing process and provide written and revised essay samples.
- Cracking the SSAT and ISEE: Written by the Princeton Review, this book includes updated practice materials. “Cracking the SSAT and ISEE” will be extremely useful for students who need to improve their most common vocabulary.
- The Kaplan SSAT and ISEE: The Kaplan book helps students review what they have learned in each section of the test, as well as practice questions and test strategies. The book includes 3 practice tests for the SSAT, covering the Elementary, Middle, and Upper levels. The exercises in the book follow the real test and are especially suitable for students who are just starting to get acquainted with the SSAT.
The best way to make effective use of these books is to review new content multiple times and take practice tests during the actual exam time. Students must be sure not only to view the content of the tests but to follow the test strategies for each section. Because this book is deeply focused on knowledge review continuously and guides students to apply test-taking strategies in the most effective way, therefore, when using “The Kaplan SSAT and ISEE”, students should prepare about 3-6 months until the exam day.
For more: 200 most difficult SSAT words
- For SSAT Elementary Level:
- Elementary SSAT: 1000+ Practice Questions: Includes 2 full-time tests for each grade level (4 tests in total – 2 diagnostic tests to help you identify areas that need the most improvement and 2 practice tests to help students familiarize themselves with the real exam). The book offers over 1000 practice questions categorized by topic, helping students improve key skills and learn new concepts, 50 reading comprehension passages paired with exam-like real questions, hundreds of test-appropriate math questions including charts, graphs, illustrations, and shapes. This book can be used for self-study or for research with expert teachers. To make the most of this book, it is recommended that you use this book when studying with a tutor or an SSAT teacher to help students learn more about new topics or provide timely support when there are difficulties.
For more: SSAT exam preparation center in HCMC
- For SSAT Middle Level:
- SSAT Middle-Level Prep Book: SSAT Middle-Level Study Guide with Practice Test Questions Including the Math, Vocabulary, and Reading Comprehension Sections: This book includes test-taking strategies and all the useful tips for the SSAT Middle-Level test. Also covers all the SSAT Middle-Level exam topics, practice questions, and detailed answer explanations to help you figure out what went wrong and how to improve. For students who need to find a book that can cover most of the test sections, this is a worthy choice.
- SSAT Middle School Secrets Study Guide, Full-Length Practice Test, Covers Quantitative (Math), Verbal…: The Mometrix brand has long been involved in the design and creation of the best exam preparation books. This book includes practice test questions with detailed explanations, step-by-step video tutorials to help you master the hard stuff, and all the strategies you need to know to score well on the SSAT Middle Level. Spending time with this book can be a great investment for the upcoming exam.
- For SSAT Upper Level:
- SSAT Upper-Level Math for Beginners: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide to Preparing for the SSAT Upper-Level Math Test: Using the book “SSAT Upper-Level Math for Beginners”, the SSAT Math test will no longer be a challenge for beginners. “SSAT Upper-Level Math” is written by Math tutors and test experts for beginners to build a solid foundation of knowledge for the Math test and to be able to learn on their own without help from a teacher. The book also covers all the SSAT Upper-Level Math concepts and topics, step-by-step instructions for all Math topics, over 500 practice questions with answers organized by topic (so you can focus on your weak points), and provides extensive Math skill-building exercises to help test takers approach unfamiliar question types.
- SSAT Upper-Level Prep Books 2021 – 2022: SSAT Practice Test Questions and Study Guide: APEX Test Prep Group has designed the book to suit the needs of the majority of SSAT candidates. It includes top-notch materials, all the information you need for the test, so if you read this book you can be sure you’re fully prepared for any question. The book also includes test tips, provides all the knowledge about the SSAT Upper-Level sections, and comes with detailed explanations to point out the common mistakes you make.
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, etc.) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: ssat, SSAT Prep books for beginners