ssat.vn – If you are preparing to take the GRE Subject test but you are still hesitant about the difficulty of the test, the information below will provide you with “why is GRE Subject test difficult” for you to have the best preparation plan for the test.
What is GRE Subject?
GRE is a standardized test administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is a condition of admission to graduate programs including Business and Law in the US and Canada, among other countries.
GRE has 2 main exams: GRE General Test and GRE Subject Test
- GRE General Test: Mandatory condition for admission in some schools
- GRE Subject Test: Optional, only used when applying to schools that are highly competitive for admission or scholarships.
GRE General Subject includes 6 exam subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature in English, Psychology
The GRE Subject Tests are a yardstick that helps you stand out from other applicants through knowledge and skill level tests that measure your knowledge of a particular area of study.
For more: GRE preparation
- Intensive Vocabulary: One of the factors that makes the GRE Subject test difficult is the large and intensive vocabulary, GRE exam is a condition for scholarship consideration of graduate programs, so the number of words is more complex and multi-meaning, leading to vocabulary learning becoming more difficult and time-consuming than the exams other.
- Solid knowledge: One more reason that makes every candidate find it too difficult is the test requires candidates to grasp basic general knowledge in high school. The seemingly simple knowledge but ignored during the university years leads to heavy mental pressure and low results.
- Confusing questions: Whether you are an expert in Mathematics or a foreign language, it is very difficult to get a high score on the GRE test. The ETS test board increases the difficulty of the GRE by trapping words in the questions. This way of doing this makes many students confused during the test because even though they have found the answer to the question, they cannot be confident in their answer due to the vague vocabulary in the test.
- Time: a factor that puts the most pressure on test takers on the GRE Subject test is timing. The time distribution of the exam is 02 hours 50 minutes with no break time frame and not divided into separate test sections, causing many candidates time pressure leading to unexpected results.
The above factors are the answer to the question “why is GRE Subject test difficult?”, help you better understand the GRE Subject and not make you discouraged when starting the review process.
How should I prepare for the GRE test?
To prepare for the best GRE test, you should start by estimating the number of words to learn, divide the words to learn in groups, learn new words, then slowly familiarize yourself with the test format and practice and problem solving through textbooks.
Studying GRE should not be distracting, the longer it lasts, the more it is distracting, so you need to study with intensity and complete it on schedule.
Reading a lot of textbooks and research materials helps to increase your academic vocabulary to help you remember words longer and review basic to advanced subjects.
For more: SAT exam preparation center in HCMC
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams (SSAT, SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE, etc.) for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: GRE, GRE Subjects, Why is GRE Subject test difficult?