ssat.vn – For students with a clear direction in life wanting to stand out amongst other candidates when applying to an international master program, you should choose to take the GRE Subject test in parallel with the GRE General. So what subjects does GRE Subject include?
What is GRE Subject Test?
Different from its counterpart – GRE General Test, the GRE Subject Test is designed to highlight your performance before other candidates as it focuses on assessing students’ academic performance and skill level in a particular field. In order to know which format is the most suitable for you, you need to determine what Master program you are applying to. For those who want to take the GRE Subject Test, you have to know what subjects does GRE subject include?
For more: How long for taking GRE preparation?
The GRE Subject Test is designed to measure the degree of knowledge comprehension at the university level in some specific fields, such as:
- Biology: The Biology test will have about 190 multiple-choice questions, each with 5 answers for candidates to choose from. The content of the question is mainly focused on three areas: Cellular and Molecular Biology, Organismal Biology, Ecology, and Evolution.
- Chemistry: The Chemistry test will include 130 multiple-choice questions. The questions in the test will revolve around 4 topics: Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry. Candidates are not allowed to use a calculator or Logarithm table. If the problem required a Logarithm table, the required values will be mentioned in the question.
- English literature: Each test section will include 230 questions about poetry, drama, biography, essay, short stories, novels, criticism, literary theory, and language history. The test mainly consists of literature in English from the UK, America, and some other countries around the world.
For more: GRE exam preparation process
- Math: This section consists of 66 multiple-choice questions covering college-level knowledge. Approximately 50% of the questions will be related to calculations and practical math problems.
- Physics: The Physics section will have about 100 multiple-choice questions with 5 answer options to choose from. The questions will cover Physics topics like charts, graphs, and experimental data.
- Psychology: The Psychology section has about 205 multiple-choice questions. Each question will have 5 options to choose from and candidates must choose the correct and appropriate answer to the question. The question’s content focuses on the background and extensive knowledge of psychology, such as the description of an experiment or a chart.
For more: How does GRE exam take place?
According to the official information from the ETS website (GRE Test Organizers), Subjects such as Biochemistry, Cell, and Molecular Biology and Computer Science have been discontinued since 2016.
For more: GRE preparing center for high score
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: What subjects does GRE Subject include