ssat.vn – Similar to any international standardized test, strategies GMAT Exam preparation and high score taker also exist to help students achieve greater results.
Are there tips and tricks to achieve a high GMAT score?
Based on our many years of GMAT preparation experience, there are no shortcuts that can truly help you achieve high scores on this test. Although GMAT tips and strategies can aid you in some way, the only way to actually get a good GMAT score is to invest your time in studying.
In more detail, the only “trick” to do well in the GMAT test is to master the basics of each section of the test. You should pay special attention to memorizing all the main points in Mathematics and Verbal then proceed to practice them until you are adept.
Below is a list of exam preparation strategies which doesn’t directly help you achieving higher GMAT score, but they can help you feel more confident and learn more effectively. More importantly, the following tips will help you get rid of loose-ends while doing the test.
For more: GMAT preparing center for high score
Strategies for GMAT Exam preparation and high score taker are divided into 2 sections: Strategies for GMAT Exam preparation and GMAT Exam strategies.
- Strategies for GMAT Exam preparation:
- Practice on computers: A typical GMAT test will usually take 3 hours and is done entirely on the computer. One of the software that can help students become familiar with this test is the GMAT ™ Official Starter Kit. The software is completely free and includes two GMAT practice tests that abide by the exam structure.
- Utilize the GMAT forums for assistance: In reality, almost every question in any GMAT software or book has explanations and answers online. GMAT Club, Manhattan Prep’s GMAT Forum, and Beat the GMAT are all great forums to use if you need an explanation or an answer to a problem; Just make sure the person posting the answer is a reliable source.
- Applying the elimination method: It’s always easier to eliminate wrong answers than to find the right answer. So, when you are not sure whether your answer to a question is correct or not, concentrate on removing the wrong answers first and then examine the remaining options.
- Exam strategies on Verbal section:
- Choose the obvious answer: In the GMAT Verbal test, the most obvious answer is usually the correct answer. Therefore, if you are stuck in any sentence, then choose the conspicuous and clear meaning option as the answer because it is more likely to be correct.
- Always read the passage before the answer: When you encounter a paragraph-based question, remember to always read the paragraph first, the question latter. Because each question will be shown in turn, and a paragraph contains 3-4 questions. So if you focus on finding the answer for each question one at a time, it will be very time-consuming.
- Exam strategies on Quantitative section:
- Pay attention to the question’s requirement carefully: In the GMAT test, usually, there are some questions that require you to find “the value of 4 times x” or the value of x when doubling “… but many students sometimes do not read the question carefully, causing them to stop after finding x without bothering to take the final step.
- Don’t get trapped: Most Maths questions have traps within them to diminish students’ scores. These questions often have very easy-to-see and eye-catching answers to entice students. They usually have answers that students can easily calculate and make them think they’ve solved them.
With these strategies for GMAT Exam preparation and high score taker above, we hope you can utilize them to make your GMAT exam preparation process more effective and organized.
For more: How to score GMAT test?
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: Strategies GMAT exam preparation and high score taker