ssat.vn – To be able to overcome any examination, students not only need to practice diligently but you also have to equip yourself with proper methods and means to finish your test as fast as possible while ensuring a high enough score to pass the exam. Here are 5 simple tips to improve your GMAT score for any soon-to-be GMAT test-takers out there.
Make sure you have a grasp of the GMAT exam structure
Understanding the structure of the test can play a big part in helping you chalk out 5 simple tips to improve your GMAT score much more easily and more systematically.
GMAT exam structure consists of 4 parts:
- Analytical Writing Assessment (30 minutes) includes 1 question, focusing on measuring your ability to think critically and to communicate your ideas.
- Integrated Reasoning (30 minutes) includes 12 questions about Graphics Interpretation, Table Analysis, Multi-source Reasoning, Two-part Analysis.
- Quantitative (62 minutes) includes 31 questions to measure your ability to analyze data and draw conclusions using reasoning skills. The questions often do not have specific data, so candidates have to memorize formulae and use them to calculate effectively.
- Verbal (65 minutes) includes 36 questions to measure your ability to read and understand written material, to evaluate arguments, and to correct written material to conform to standard written English.
For more: The difference between GMAT and GRE
- Try to practice GMAT past papers daily
Even if you studied and practiced GMAT through every means possible but still neglect to do them regularly then the result will not turn out well. Practicing every day will slowly turn to do past papers into a habit which you will automatically do without being forced to, while not giving in to laziness. By scheduling your time and planning every step of your learning progress, soon the GMAT will pose no threat to you.
- Learn by heart Math formulas
The Quantitative section includes high school level knowledge of trigonometry, probability, statistics, algebra, and geometry so it is quite straightforward for test-takers to achieve good results as you only have to learn by heart Math formulas of exercises commonly occurred in the GMAT.
- Practice reading and analytical skill
The Verbal section requires you to read and analyze some complicated paragraphs from short to long in length. Before the official test takes place you should practice by reading a lot of books and articles about popular topics, such as people, law, natural and social sciences, especially business to familiarize yourself with the topics that the GMAT test usually covers and related specialized vocabulary.
For more: GMAT online exam process
- Spend time to practice writing essay
Every GMAT writing tests require the candidate to show analytical skill, evaluating skill, and bring out your opinion about the important business problem. In order to do so, you have to improve your writing skill more and more with different multiform business topics by writing about a study case every day which will enlarge your writing methods as well as specialized vocabulary in preparation for when the official test comes.
- Focus on your weakness when you are practicing but focus on your strength when you do the test
Through the process of practice make sure you know what your weaknesses and strengths are, then make a schedule and pay attention to these weaknesses to improve them. However upon stepping into the actual test, carefully read and understand all the questions to see which questions you can comfortably solve to save time later for the questions you have trouble with.
For more: GMAT preparation in hurry
ssat.vn – A place to share all the experiences of Test Prep exams for students preparing to study abroad. If you have any questions, please contact us directly via email or hotline for free advice.Tags: 5 simple tips to improve your GMAT score